Sunday, November 28, 2010

A GREAT DAY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL :)


First, a response to comments left to my most recent post:
My dislike for Auburn goes back to my college days in Montgomery. Alabama fans were a little arrogant, but hey, they have earned it on the field with so many championships. Auburn fans were just as loud and obnoxious, but really had/haven't won much at all. I'm not saying there is anything rational to my dislike :)
I hear that the allegations around Cam Newton are just the tip of the iceberg of problems that the Feds are going to expose, not just the NCAA. That would be sad for college football.

Prattville, Hoover and Daphne have owned 6A in Alabama for a long time, so good for Wetumpka! Nothing like a crisp cool night of high school football :)

OK, almost every game went my way yesterday. FSU beat the Gators for the first time in 7 years! Josh was home, so we watched it a JJ Fins with Dirk, Ryan and Mark Nichols. Maybe with Jimbo in charge it can be a rivalry again. Maryland came through and beat NC State, so the Noles backed into the ACC Championship game. Va Tech will be formidable, but hey, in sports all you want is a shot right?

South Florida beat Miami and so the Canes fired Randy Shannon. He didn't win championships, but he did clean up that program. Oklahoma vs OK State was a thrilling shootout that kept me up too late. Notre Dame beat USC (I used to root the other way in this game, but I don't like LAME and I do like the Irish now).

UCF will host the CUSA Championship game against SMU on Saturday. The Knights are really good! Georgia Southern took care of business and now move on to the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs. Abilene Christian fell in the 2nd round of D2...bummer.

Navarre upset Pine Forest and will play Lincoln in Tallahassee on Friday night. I may be up that way, so that game is a possibility - but so is Cocoa at Madison and famed Boot Hill stadium. The south Georgia power houses all got beat! Lowndes, Cairo, Valdosta, etc. But not Starr's Mill :)

One last thing - I say again that the offense Florida runs will always be a disadvantage if/when they fall behind. Urban is a smart coach, but give me a pro style attack, when you are at a school like UF, where you have every advantage under the sun - no gimmicks required!

Go South Carolina!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the response:)

    The craziest thing thing so far in the whole "camgate" is that Milton McGregor (gambling mafia dude here) was asked about it by the FBI. That ranks right up there with the allegation that Cam was on the grassy knoll... the whole thing has just gone too viral. My daughter finally brought me to declare (between Auburn and AL), after living here 16 years, when she spent her first year at Auburn in 08-09. But, I will always be a 'Noles fan (c/o '83).

    All in all, it was a great weekend of football: FSU beat Florida, NC State lost, Auburn won, Alabama lost. What more could I ask for?

    War Eagle!!

    ReplyDelete