Friday, November 15, 2013

Peevish...

Should you start a blog post with pet peeves? Probably not, but I am a rebel. First, those half page adds they wrap around the front page of the newspaper is grounds for justifiable homicide! *&^*#@#  Second, I often hear radio announcers say this on a kick off “it an end over end kick”. I beg to differ with this assessment, even though it is close to universal. When a football is kicked off, or kicked for a PAT or field goal, the ball certainly does rotate if kicked properly, but it is actually END UNDER END. To me end over end implies top spin motion, which does not happen unless there is an onside kick attempt. Well, I’m glad I got that off my chest. I was able to spend a few minutes with Keith Quick on Tuesday night in Destin. We both grew up on Fort Walton and played in the same little leagues, and eventually married sisters. We caught some amazing Gator and Seminole games together as young men and had a few good hunting and fishing adventures which are now embellished “stories” for me. Now we talk about our adult children and his grandchildren… OK, football. Since my last input, Stanford beat Oregon and that is BIG news for FSU fans. Go Noles! Roger, who loves Alabama and Florida State is now known as “Nole Tide”. I add Clyde at the end – Nole Tide Clyde  Only close pals use middle names  I took Sharon and Autumn to their first Titans game and the home team managed to lose to winless Jax Jags. Colton went with us to the game and then on Monday he was diagnosed with Mono. He will not get to play sports for the next 6 weeks. Brutal, as he is the center for the FCS football team, in round 2 of the playoffs tonight. By the way, he also plays the entire game at D tackle. The Commanders are in trouble without him, over in Memphis tonight. Even when football ends, he will miss most of the basketball season as well. An extremely tough break for a good guy. MDB’s best season ever came to a close in the playoffs last week. They scored 54 points, but OCP scored more. Rocky Bayou won their “conference”. In the Friendship game against Harding last week, Roger and I were standing near the side line with Steven Hollis of FCS, did a full 360 at full speed while tip toeing down so close to out of bounds. Stellar run by a very good football player.
*** Florida got crushed by Vandy…in football…major bummer. I like Vandy but come on Will! Auburn spanked Tennessee and gets better each week. If they get by Jawja this week, the Iron Bowl matchup with Bama will be seriously hyped and for the SEC West crown. Mizzu and South Carolina fight it out for the East. The Gamecocks will not play nice for the Gators tomorrow night …  Mizzu still has A&M and Ole Miss to deal with in conference.
*** Duke keeps winning and that makes me smile. They are my 2nd fav team in the ACC, just like Vandy is in the SEC. Cmon Duke, beat the u 
*** Baylor looks like the real deal in the big 12 (w 10 teams), while in the big 10(w 12 teams) only Ohio St has a pulse (well Wisconsin is a good team and Mich St has a decent defense). Famous Jameis has been linked to an investigation of sexual assault, from back in December of 2012. If he did the crime, hope he gets put under the jail. If he did not, I hope SHE does. Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment