Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I Beat Biddle and McGrotha

I Beat McGrotha! I did. Way back when in Tallahassee when Bill McGrotha was the institutional Sports Editor for the Democrat. Got my young man mug in the mullet wrapper in late 1988 when I was not yet 30 years old. Had 3 jobs and two sons. LOVED Tally back then!
 Last week I Beat Biddle. Biddle is a Sports something another for a Nashville TV station and he has a contest that I stumbled upon. So, I’m a pretty big deal!  For all the picking I’ve done (for a while I was in a snail mail “league”) and all the contests I’ve been in, I have never gambled on football. Well, I have bet on specific games with friends and family, but I have never stepped into the world of putting my money on the line, against the spread and all that good stuff. I think I would do pretty well, but I don’t want to mess up my enjoyment of the game worrying about a late pick six or field goal …
Rough start to ROCKTOBER Florida botched a PAT hold and fell to LSU by one in the Swamp. Boy do they miss Luke Del Rio. The tribute to Tom Petty was solid. If I were a gambler, I'd take A&M this weekend...sadly. Florida State came roaring back to take the lead over Miami with just over a minute to go, only to let the Canes zip down the field and win with 6 seconds left. They also dearly miss their QB Francios. No tears for UF or FSU, as programs at their level are expected to have depth at every position, including QB. Noles are 1-3…1 and 3…dang. The best news for me over the weekend was that Crestview steamrolled Milton Friday night. Spotted them 7 and then dominated. The FWB Vikings are next, before a bye week and then NICEVILLE!
Titans, also without their starting QB (theme right now isn’t it!) only put of 10 and lost to Fins 16-10. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Watched nephew Nate Baker coach up the GMC Bulldogs on Sunday afternoon at Austin Peay. GMC pulled away from Hocking College thanks to a couple of pick 6es late. Way to go coach! Here is Nate coaching up his Offensive line!
No report from Durham on the Firebirds, but rumors of player suspensions have been floating…Will get to catch them this Saturday, supposedly TWO games! Can't wait. Me and the Noles invade Durham...my 1-3 Noles... Oklahoma goes down to Iowa State…wow. Michigan goes down to in state rival Sparty, and Washington State straight up beats Oregon on the road. South Carolina looks to have found their mojo, just in time for a trip to Tennessee. Kentucky escaped Mizzu, in part thanks to a ref who WALKED to get the ball as the clock wound down… that was weird and ugly for Mizzu. JJ Watt and Odell Beckham Jr went down with season ending injuries… OBJ was my best fantasy player…toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment