Tuesday, October 24, 2017

3rd Saturday in October

For a long time, the "Third Saturday in October" had a special excitement around it. Tennessee vs Alabama usually meant a great matchup. Not so much anymore. The demise of Tennessee and the domination of Alabama (not just Tennessee) leaves us with a lot less excitement around that spot on the calendar... Well, only one of my teams lost this weekend. Not a great slate of games this weekend, at least from my recliner, as the Gators were off and not Friday Night Lights (on Facebook) with my Crestview Bulldogs. Florida State is now 2-4 on the season, as they let the Louisville game slip away. Pitiful really. Jimbo Fisher then invited a heckling fan to come down out of the stands to face him…ugly in Tally. Hard to say exactly what is so wrong. Yes, the starting QB is out, but it is FLORIDA STATE, there are supposed to be 3 other guys (5 stars) just waiting to get their chance. Nope. Lamar Jackson, please go on to the NFL. Next up, a Friday night at Boston College.
Sorry Noles, but I am far more excited about the Crestview @ Niceville game. Cancelled all plans Friday night so I can cast this one on the big screen.
Last Friday night, I took in the Lebanon at Wilson Central game. Lebanon has been awful since I moved here 5 years ago, but they have really turned it around this season. I have now been to all the Wilson County stadiums for Friday Night lights. 19-7 Blue Devils by the way.
Gators had the bye week to get ready for Georgia, who also scheduled their bye week before the Cocktail Party. Line is probably Dawgs by 20, but I haven’t given up on Florida just yet. They have that “puncher’s chance”. About 3% worth, but better than zero.
Kentucky got steamrolled by Miss State and now they get Tennessee. Poor Vols and poor Cats. BTW, Miss State hammered LSU but somehow they are ranked below Bengal Tigers… Oklahoma squeaked by Kansas State and UCF continued its roll by beating Navy. Notre Dame destroyed Southern Cal dang it. Penn State demolished Michigan. Think about how good James Franklin is, he made VANDERBILT good! Penn State and Ohio State this week, should be a good one. The fighting Irish better not sleep on the NC State Wolfpack. Cmon Pack!
While Noles and Gators struggle, Miami remains undefeated albeit barely. To make matters worse for Tally and Gville fans, USF AND UCF are both still undefeated and ranked. The pundits think the Bulls are better than the Knights, but I don’t. I have watched them both play and I like the fire power that UCF brings every week. OH how I wish we had some of that offense in Gainesville and Tallahassee! The “War for I-4” will be for a bunch of marbles this season! It will be on the Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend! Winner hosts AAC champ game the next week in their home stadium.
Titans pulled out a very ugly w against the woeful Browns. Titans are average at best, but the NFL is a roller coaster ride. No Alabama teams in the NFL, that just crush the opponent every week. In the same way that if I sell stock, the stock price will immediately sky rocket, WHEN I drop a fantasy football player from my roster or starting line up, 100% that the players will have career day. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

1 comment:

  1. I need to do a follow up on the NFL players that I "covered" while they played high school ball in Florida!

    ReplyDelete