Friday, August 28, 2009

FOOTBALL FRIDAY!


Well, Abilene Christian held on to win an ugly game against the #2 team in the nation, and the same team that eliminated them in the quarter finals last year. In the LLWS, California pulled out an 11-10 thriller over Warner Robbins, Ga.

But on to FOOTBALL FRIDAY. My high school beat Gulf Breeze in their KO Classic last night, so that and the ACU win has things starting out nicely. Tonight most of the rest of the Florida prep teams get in the practice game. Mt Dora Bible hosts Carrolwood Day school and I may go out to that one. OR, I may slide over to Apopka to catch their game against Oak Ridge. My free lance coverage for the Sentinel does not start until next week, so I can pick...:)

Up in Georgia, the top teams from Alabama and South Carolina are invading the Atlanta area for a special "double header". Prattville takes on North Gwinnett and then Byrnes, SC, plays Central Gwinnett.

On the tube, we have the match up of Oscar Smith, Virginia hosting the Venice, Fl Indians. Venice is a decent team, but probably in for a rough outing on ESPN.

Again, the more interesting KO Classics to me, are Jupiter Christian @ North Fla Christian, and FWB vs Niceville. Oh yeah, Pace tangles with 6A power Daphne from Alabama. Good stuff!

Later...

1 comment:

  1. I am Loving your blog David, Thank you for starting it, I will check it on all the latest updates in college/H.S. sports GOOD STUFF!

    ReplyDelete