Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Wrap and What is Coming

OK, great weekend for high school football, and building anticipation for college football! St Thomas Aquinas crushed the team from Ohio, and Byrnes SC, crushed their opponent in Georgia, so the big #1 vs #2 match up of those two teams is still in tact. Prattville, Al was upset by North Gwinett, Georgia, and there were some good shootouts in Texas.
The Sentinel has assigned me the MDB game this week, so I'll take that one in, email my report, and then shoot down to be a chaperone at the SonQuest youth rally.

Thanks to the generosity of Mick Tulley, come November I will get to experience college football at Notre Dame! I am not a fan of the Fighting Irish, but certainly appreciate their place in college football history and heritage. So, me and Roger will do a guys weekend in Chicago and South Bend, and I'll be happy to share the experience with ALL TWO of you who read this blog :)

Since the first weekend of real football is upon us, I'll preview the big games (like Georgia @ Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech vs Alabama in Atlanta, Oklahoma vs BYU in Dallas, Miami @ Florida State, etc. The weekend gets started on Thursday night, as Oregon and Boise State tangle on the infamous blue field. I can't wait!

All TWO of you are invited to provide comments and argue with my assertions.

FL Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment