Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The National Championship Game!



It is the Alabama Crimson Tide against the Texas Longhorns for the championship of college football tomorrow night. As a "southern man" I favor the SEC MOST of the time in these kind of match ups. However, despite my mom being born in Alabama, the fact I went to college in Montgomery and close buds Roger and Owen are Tide fans, I will be pulling for the Hookem Horns! I am a big fan of Colt McCoy and that is reason enough, but another big reason for me is Don Brown. Don passed away last month. I only knew him for about four years, but from here on out, I want to be more like him. Don grew up in Kansas and as a preacher lived all over the place as an adult, even California :). Don just loved the Lord, period. Texas was "home" and the Longhorns had a big fan here in Central Florida, until his passing. So Texas, win one for Don!

That said, it is understandable why Alabama is the favorite. Their brute strength approach to football is hard to stop. They have a mountain of a nose guard and the Heisman trophy winner for cryin out loud!

HOOKEM! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment