Friday, October 8, 2010

Roctober football weekend



Well, it is FSU vs Miami and LSU @ Florida weekend. My wife and I were married on October 1st, 1982 and the next day as we drove up through Alabama to the mountains of Tennessee, I listened to LSU play Florida :) LSU had two great running backs who both went on to play in the NFL. I have had the pleasure of witnessing in person several Gator - Bayou Tiger games. Way back when, college buds Tim Lee and TBone picked me up in Tally and we spent the weekend doing that game circa 1989 or so. I expect Florida to win tomorrow night, but they will have to execute in the red zone a little better than last week....duh! Maybe LESTER Miles will show some more coaching brilliance :)

I have had more football heartaches at the hands of Miami than any other wretched foe. Wide Right 1, 2, 3, etc. One of the game of the century showdowns, my coach bud at FSU got me two great seats and my bro in law Keith and I enjoyed one of those unbeatable days of tailgating and football. It came down to Miami with 4th & goal at about the 9 yard line. I was so close that I could actually see the Cane QB's eyes as he looked over the defense and called the signals. His eyes showed complete confidence and I knew we were doomed. TD pass...Another memorable FSU vs Miami game long ago, my cousin Mark and I were sitting with some of the telephone company big wigs, when Dexter Carter went 24 yards on the opening drive for a TD. We splashed about 30 fans all around us with our supersized stadium drinks as we lost control and jumped up and down like crazy. Good times...I don't have much confidence in the Noles tomorrow night, unless that knucklehead Jacory keeps throwing interceptions. One can hope...

Tonight my Crestview Bulldogs are playing my in laws Fort Walton Vikings. Last I saw it was 6-3 Bulldogs in the 3rd. Neither team is very good this season and next Friday night I get to watch them play Milton as it is high school reunion time. 32.

I will watch the Michigan v Michigan State game tomorrow, and Arkansas v Texas A&M might be good.

Life is good, despite the fact that my HDTV is beyond repair!

FL Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment