Friday, December 31, 2010

Bowling to say farewell to 2010


So much to catch up on, as I have neglected the blog for a couple of weeks. In fact I was virtually off the grid for a few days and even let me email password expire...

As I write this post, UCF leads Georgia in the Liberty Bowl 10-6 with 3:16 left. I say (again) UCF is a a sleeping giant in college sports. The bball team is undefeated and ranked and the aforementioned football team has the best record of any team in the state.

Miami got trounced by Notre Dame this afternoon and frankly were horrible. Jacory Harris would not ever be my starting QB. South Florida beat Clemson earlier today and to be fair most of the December bowl games have been ho hum. Exceptions include UNC's OT win over Tennessee last night and the Iowa win over Mizzu. Georgia Tech lost to Air Force, but Paul Johnson had his team stand behind the Falcons as the AFA alma mater was played. VERY classy coach, even if I don't care for his option oriented offense in the big leagues.

Speaking of option oriented teams, Georgia Southern made it all the way to the semi finals of the FCS and Coach Baker and the rest of the Eagles will carry a lot fo momentum into next season!

ESPN is reporting that Charlie Weiss will be Will Muschamp's offensive coordinator at UF. Big Charlie has been a top notch OC in the NFL, but was a goof ball at Notre Dame(IMO). I just don't know what to expect from the Gators tomorrow in the Outback bowl against Penn State. I hope Urban goes out a winner!!

I LOVE college football, but I have to say again how pathetic the NCAA is as an organization. So hypocritical and inconsistent. Ohio State a a handful of guys in trouble but the don't sit them for the bowl game....they penalize them next season.

My high school lost their coach as Matt Brunson left to go back to Baker. A win - win situation and a great opportunity for Crestview High to go get a top flight coach.

With 31 seconds, Georgia is down to the UCF 29 yard line.

Now UGA is down to their last play (2 seconds put back on the clock)...nothing against the Dawgs, but GO KNIGHTS!! :) Hail Mary knocked down! Knights win!

FSU and South Carolina tonight in the old Peach Bowl. I'm afraid Marcus Lattimore will dominate but that will not keep me from yelling at the TV for Jimbo and the Noles to prevail! Win or lose tonight, I am encouraged regarding FSU going forward as Jimbo is a good coach and the recruiting is going great!

Later and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment