Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Head Gator


Will Muschamp will take over as head football coach for the University of Florida. He has a great resume and is well thought of in the "up and coming" coaching circles. It is ironic though, that UF hired a Georgia Bulldog alum...Since the next 6 weeks ARE the recruiting season, Muschamp is talking to recruits already, not waiting until after the Outback Bowl and Urban vacating the premises. The key to me will be who he gets to run the offense. Will is a defensive mastermind, but the Gators have been woeful on offense, since Dan Mullen left. Major Applewhite is the name that I have heard. We will see. I'm not anti Muschamp, but they didn't go after Stoops, to Tony Dungee (my personal fav) or any other marquee name...oh well

Miami hired Al Golden away from Temple today. If you can win at Temple, you can certainly win at the "U". I think this will be a great hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment