Thursday, December 9, 2010

sCam Newton


I could pretend that Cam Newton's success at Auburn doesn't bother me, but it would be dishonest. I have a big case of sour grapes to deal with as he wins the Heisman trophy on Saturday night. Lets face it Gator fans, it HURTS to see this guy dominate like he has this season. When he came to Gainesville, he was a promising QB recruit, but could not beat out a guy named Tim Tebow. Then, instead of being that awesome back up, he managed to get in trouble repeatedly and in addition to his criminal activities, he was in academic hot water all the time. When he left, it was a shame, but I really expected John Brantley to shine and minimize the loss of Newton. Instead, Cam found his way to JC and then to Auburn where he dominated this season like few players in my lifetime. And, it ticks me off!

I'm not proud of being bitter. But I am. There.

I guess I should be touting the positives of "2nd chances", but I'm jealous that his success happened at Auburn, not at Florida.

Oh well it should be a great BCS championship game between Auburn and Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment