Sunday, October 20, 2013

Crazy Day... It was a crazy day for me to miss watching college football yesterday, but I want to go back to Friday night first. Friendship Christian beat Donnelson Christian 52-49 on a cold night and another LONG high school football game. FCS must get the new scoreboard clock sorted out! The game was insane. On 4th and goal from outside the 20, AJ Long tossed up a desperation pass which Michael Hawk managed to come down with. 2 seconds were left on the clock...so exciting! On the way home from the game, I was able to listen to the end of UCF beating Louisville :) The Knights have given me two upset specials this season (Penn St). On to Saturday where I was off to Camp Taylor in the middle of beautiful no where Kentucky. It rained in the morning, but we played football for about an hour and a half. SO MUCH FUN! It is true that walking was not easy for me last night and a painful delicate process today. The knees, hips and lower back did not get to vote on my decision to play football with the youth group. They just had to deal with the pain and instability of the aftermath. I love the College Hills youth group. Johnny Markham is the best and Youthreach is examplary. After each session by Seth Madaris, and the subsequent discussion break out, I would slide out to the Veracruz and hit the XM radio. I was able to hear Tennessee finish off South Carolina, Vandy take down Georgia and Mizzu crush my Gators. Seth, by the way, grew up on Panama City and his uncle Chuck was a rock star counselor at Camp Wiregrass when I was a camper in the mid 70's! Seth is 30 and runs like Denton, which means super fast. He ran one team in the big football game and I led the other. Did I mention how much fun it was? Somebody help me up... In the afternoon, Auburn beat A&M at College Station. The War Beagles are way ahead of schedule this year. Gus has em improving every week. A&M's defense is like Florida's offense = HORRIBLE. Then, Ole Miss beats LSU. Something was out of whack yesterday!
THE GAME finally kicked off in Clemson. I was getting update texts from Roger and Cousin Mark. I was also guilty of checking my ESPN Score center app during Seth's night session. We FSU fans could not have written any better script for that game! WOW! So the new rankings/polls come out today. FSU bolts up to 3rd behind Alabama and Oregon. Mizzu is #5 in the AP. Wow. Ohio State is 4th, but WAY over rated. Miami is the other fraud. Undefeated yes, but seriously over rated. The Sunday Night NFL game is about to kick off. Peyton's return to Indy :) Still have Monday Night Football to go, but I'm way ahead in both my Fantasy match ups so far. I can't imagine next weekend being as exciting, but one can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment