Friday, October 18, 2013

I crossed off another bucket list item yesterday. Jason and I visited the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. We were up there on business, but were able to find a couple of hours to do the tour. Excellent visit, although I am a “one foot in” guy, seeing all the pro’s from my childhood all the way through last year’s Super Bowl was a lot of fun. The BIG game this weekend is the ACC Championship. In the same way that the SEC Champ game last year was the actual national championship, the winner between FSU at Clemson, should spank whoever comes out of the other side of the ACC – probably the over rated Hurricanes or Va Tech. FSU is somehow favored by 3 AT Clemson. I have been trying all season not to get my hopes up, but Famous Jameous and the Noles have been outstanding. They have played up to their potential so far. Alas, I am Charlie Brown and will fall for Lucy’s promise not to jerk the ball away when I run up to kick it…FSU always seems to flop in a game they should not, under Jimbo. Beating Clemson at their place, at night is so hard. Georgia couldn’t do it when they were healthy. Don’t think anybody in the country could 99% of the time. Maybe Oregon or Alabama, but Clemson is very good and even better at home. I will not get to watch the game…as I will be a chaperone on a youth retreat with church…I’ll be pulling for Florida State in abstentia… Florida goes to Mizzu, who just roughed up Georgia. It continues to eat at me that UF wastes one of the nation’s finest defenses, but having a completely inept offense. Muschamp simply has to find someone who can generate some offense. The SEC (and FSU) are too good to just rely on defense alone! Auburn goes to Aggieville – should be a high scoring shoot out. I’m tempted to pick the war beagles, but JF at home w the 12th man…too much. The upset I am picking is tonight, as the Knights of UCF will take down Louisville. UCF is good. Louisville is very good, but also over rated. Gonna catch Friendship Christian vs DCA tonight, another crisp cool Friday night for football in Tennessee. Back home in the Panhandle, Crestview hosts Tate, for a playoff slot. Niceville will win the district and possibly the 7A championship in Florida, but a playoff game for the Bulldogs would be progress… I’m tied for 1st in the LP Fantasy Football league with Rick Frazier. We have a showdown this weekend, but he is projecting at 152! uh oh... Baseball is wrapping up the League Championship Series and I'm pulling for St Louis only because Johnny loves them so much.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog- keep posting! So impressed with you missing the game- looks like you didn't miss a nail biter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While Tim Tebow is NOT in the Hall of Fame, his jersey is because of the exciting overtime playoff win against the Steelers. Also in this pic is the Music City Miracle and now that I am in Nashville...

    ReplyDelete