Friday, August 26, 2011

Toe meets leather or composite this weekend!


High school football is ON! Tonight ESPN viewers get to watch Armwood play Nevada power Gorman out in Vegas - 9:00 pm Eastern time. It is the first of a sweet weekend of interstate match ups. On Saturday at Noon, Ft Lauderdale St Thomas Aquinas plays Prattville, Alabama at Noon. The 2nd game in thae twin bill is Hoover AL, vs South Panola, Mississippi. All four teams are juggernauts. Should be fun and some serious D1 recruits on the field. There are some more out of state games, but another one I'm really interested in is little Cocoa High playing in Cincinnati power Colerain. On paper Cocoa has no chance, but on paper they should not have beat 3 OOS teams last year.

Back home, Crestview plays their KO Classic against panhandle power Pace. It will be interesting to see how new coach Kevin Pettis has in store for my Bulldogs.

Closer to now home, my daughter had her varsity volleyball debut last night and she was awesome. I'm biased I know, but the 3 frosh on Eustis were some of the better players on the floor.

In addition to the big prep football this weekend, the Little League World series has the International and USA championships on Saturday, followed by the big enchilada on Sunday. How can anybody not pull for Montana?

In the coming days I'll finish my college football preview, highlighting FLORIDA STATE of course. Low lighting LSU and Miami :)

Oh yes, lest I forget. Tomorrow morning, my son Josh, Captain Hopkins and pal Malcolm will join me in the SAVAGE RACE. A prayer on my behalf would be AOK with me!

Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment