Wednesday, August 24, 2011

UF Fan Day and the SEC West


I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to the Gator Fan Day on Saturday. Turns out that they were far more interested in the UF volleyball team than interacting with the football gators. Who knew?



So, in a previous post I chronicled why I think the South Carolina Gamecocks will win the SEC East. Even with all the props the West is getting I would not be surprised to see USC win in Atlanta.

That said, the West is loaded. Until Knile Davis got hurt last week, I was ready to take Arkansas over both Alabama and LSU. But as Lee Corso says, "not so fast my friend". LSU is sick talented. But LSU has Les Miles as their coach. They will choke at least 2 times, if not 3. Oregon next Saturday night just might crack the invincible SEC code. Jordan Jefferson is a really good athlete, but not a great QB. LSU wins in spite of mediocre QB play. That is impressive.
I guess I have to pile on the band wagon and go with Alabama to win the West. They are not wreaking of NFL talent at the skill positions, but are like 4 deep on the line and at every defensive spot. Nick Saban is quite simply the best college coach going. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he wins and he recruits. I don't expect Auburn to be as bad as a lot of people think. And, I think Dan Mullen at Mississippi State does more with less, than any coach in the SEC.

So, my predicted order of finish:

Alabama
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss

I know that is pretty disrespectful of LSU, but I just keep thinking that Les Miles' luck has to run out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment