Monday, August 29, 2011

Game Week


College football finally opens up the season later this week!

Here is my summary take on who will do well across the board. I have already provided my take on the premier conference, the SEC. South Carolina and Alabama will duke it out in Atlanta in early December if my picks prevail.

I think FSU and Va Tech get a rematch in the ACC title game, but that is not very daring, as most folks think that is how it will play out.

A lot of love for Nebraska to win the big 10 (can't count) but I am not buying the Huskers. Some good teams with Mich State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio State, and none of them impress me as top 5. IF OSU had not sunk into all the crud that saw Pryor bolt and Tressel fired, they would probably be top 5. Now, not so much.

I think Oregon has a very good chance to get back to the BCS Championship game. I also think that if Oklahoma beats FSU in Tallahassee, the Sooners will probably run the table. Alabama has to get love, because it is a rule that the best SEC team should always be in the discussion. Again, I like South Carolina's chance to be special this season. Florida State could have a special season if they somehow beat Oklahoma, but I am not expecting that to happen. Virginia Tech will have a great season, partly because they have a cupcake schedule. Beamer is a terrific coach and I would really like the Hokies to keep playing good non conference teams (they played Alabama last year) even if they don't win them. NOTRE DAME will probably be in a BCS bowl game come January.

My Top 25

1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. South Carolina
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Stanford
7. Oklahoma State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Notre Dame
10. Arkansas
11. Mississippi State
12. West Virginia
13. Ohio State
14. Nebraska
15. Wisconsin
16. Missouri
17. Florida
18. LSU
19. Georgia
20. Boise State
21. UCF
22. Auburn
23. South Florida
24. Southern Cal
25. Clemson
Iowa

Teams like Southern Miss, Houston and BYU could make some noise. Maybe Utah or Arizona State.

No comments:

Post a Comment