Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another great weekend on the way...

OK, before we look at the coming weekend buffet of football, a few more thoughts about last week.

I'm still not over the FSU debacle. I handle these things much better now than I did years ago, and no, they did not lose, but it was horrible. The Notre Dame - Michigan game was a fun one. Irish coach Charlie called 2 pass plays late in the game, and those incompletions let Michigan save important times outs. Michigan won the game with 11 seconds left...Ohio State played well on defense against USC. I'm note quite ready to declare Matt Barkley as the next Heisman Trophy winner, like the media appears to be.

The weekend kicks off on Thursday night, with Miami and Georgia Tech. I'm thinking this will be a terrific game. I picked Ga Tech to win the ACC, but I'm not sure they will beat the Canes...The only thing that kept Texas out of the championship game(s) last year was the dramatic loss at Texas Tech. Saturday night is pay back, but Taylor Potts, the Red Raider QB (from Abilene) is for real...
The SWAMP welcomes Tennessee on Saturday afternoon in the much anticipated opportunity to make Lane Kiffin eat his words. Urban Meyer is not a nice man and he is not above making an ugly point. At 7:00 on Versus, Florida State gets to test their secondary against one of the best passers in the nation -any conference. Max Hall and BYU punched Oklahoma in the jaw and never backed down. My confidence factor is LOW for this one, but I do think both offenses will put on a show.
Nebraska and Virginia Tech should be an interesting match up. Notre Dame gets another Michigan team, as the Spartans come calling. MSU lost to Central Michigan, but I bet they will give the Irish all they can handle. Expect another shoot out when Georgia goes to Arkansas. If South Carolina can light up the Dawgs defense, Arkansas probably will put up some big numbers. West Virginia and Auburn will be interesting as well, and I think the war beagles will win.

The high school report will be up next! :)

Oh yeah, the SUN network will not be doing Tailgate Overtime this year. That was my #1 show. Now it was not fun to have the Miami guy (Steve Walsh) being 18 times smarter than the Gator (Chris Doring), and 50 times brighter than Nole (William Floyd), but Whit and Todd and even Bianchi made it a fun show. I am torked off about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment