Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday Night Football...?

Hawaii and La Tech are playing right now. I flat out love college football, but wow, talk about saturation...Abilene Christian is #2 in D2. They are good, but probably not that good. It is significant that the Chicago Bears have drafted ACU players in each of the last two years, and that they both are starters in the Windy City.

I am really looking forward to some good SEC action this weekend. Tennessee and Auburn will be intriguing, and LSU going to Athens will be an excellent fight. LSU is grossly over rated, or they have been sandbagging so far this season. Les Miles is not the real deal. I still think Va Tech is over rated, in spite of the whoopin they put on the "U". If they are the best of the ACC, then that is yet another indictment of the ways the conference has to go to catch up to the big boys.

If I had to rank the teams as of RIGHT NOW, it would look like this:

Alabama
Texas
Florida
Cincinnati
USC
Ohio State
Boise state
Oregon
Oklahoma
Virginia Tech
Georgia/South Carolina
Iowa
TCU
South Florida
Miami
Houston
Oklahoma State
LSU
Mizzu

I have to find a way to send my wife and daughter shopping in Manhattan on Sat afternoon, so I can anxiously watch FSU @ Boston College. I think the "good" FSU team shows up this week, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment