Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oct 1, 1982

27 years ago tonight I was married. What does that have to do with football? Well, here is the football tangent :) We were married in a church building in downtown Montgomery, a couple of blocks from the Crampton Bowl. The Crampton was home to the Blue/Gray game for years and years, and that Friday night there was a huge high school show down and the traffic and the crowd was more than evident as we gathered for the wedding. I had the urge to slip over there and check out the game...That first night we made it to Birmingham, to start our honeymoon. Then on Saturday morning, we got back on the road headed for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. On the drive up that day, I listened to the Florida Gators play LSU. LSU had two terrific running backs, and they were too much for the Gators, but at least on my honeymoon, I was able to catch a little football too!

Colorado is playing at West Virginia tonight. The Buffs are having a rough year, but maybe they can compete.

The Orlando Tuskers mascot looks like a character from the Lion King - Pumba?

The weather the last two days has been COOL. First cool weather of the season in central Florida, and I LOVE IT!

I'm off to the Big Apple first thing in the morning, so my next posts should originate from New York City...

Don't forget the big Byrnes/St Thomas Aquinas game tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary. Hope the three of you are having a great time in NYC. Berrien beat Albany 34-12. Valdosta, Ga was loosersville this week; Valdosta, Lowdnes, VSU, and Valwood lost. Better fortune next week. Berrien plays Fitzgerald next Friday. They beat up on Cook last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a routine where I look at the Atlanta paper every Saturday morning, to check the scores around south Ga. I'm proud for Berrien and hope Dillon will play next season. I'll have to go watch the Rebels!

    ReplyDelete