Monday, October 19, 2009

Halftime, Mid Term, etc.

Well, it is sad in a way that the season is half way through. But in a "half full" view, we have the 2nd half to go, and the bowls :)

So, here is my "I blew that one" and "saw it coming all along" takes:

I really thought Vanderbilt would be good, and build upon the success they had last year. WRONG.

I picked Florida State to win their side of the ACC, and that was pathetic. That said, NOT A SINGLE TEAM on that side deserves to be in a championship game of any kind. Much like the Big 12 North. All the good teams are on the other side (Miami, Ga Tech, Va Tech) or (Texas, Ok Stat, Texas Tech). The SEC is a little bit more balanced. I predicted Georgia Tech to win the ACC. Well, they were spanked by Miami, but in turn, beat the Hokies, to create one of those 3-way round robin ties.

I did not expect Iowa to be undefeated at this point, but I am not drinking the Hawkeye cool aid, and expect them to choke before the end of November. With all their defense to replace, I was skeptical about Cincinnati, but they are the beast team in the big East, and their coach will be able to pick his job at the next big opening.

I was more impressed with Notre Dame this weekend, in their loss to USC, than I was in the wins over MSU, Washington or Purdue. Ohio State is off this year, as their Purdue debacle shows, but Penn State will still win a lot of games and get ranked too high.

My pick for the HYPESMAN award at this point would go to Mark Ingram of Alabama, or Eric Berry of Tennessee. I would like to see Colt McCoy to win, but he has been good, not great. Tebow has been good not great. The obsession with him is wearing me out, and I am a Gator fan!

Preps: The teams that have kids that I an connected too, have not fared well. Lake Nona, Rocky Bayou Christian, Baker and MDB were all winless as of last Thursday. Apopka is undefeated. Last week Lake Nona got their first win. This week, Mt Dora Bible actually has a chance, as they face Leesburg First Academy. Baker still might pull one out, but RBC is just out manned.

TIRED, so more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment