Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Thursday night in October

Nebraska and Mizzu are about to tangle, while Miami Central and Miami Northwestern are playing a very sloppy game on ESPN2. HOWEVER, my daughter and my wife want to watch THE OFFICE tonight, since it is the big Wedding episode. I acknowledge that I am in the minority, but it is the most annoying show EVER!

Back to football. I have a lot of respect for Nebraska and their fans are some of the classiest in the country. I still like them to lose, so Go Mizzu.

The Bowden thing is pathetic as the national media are all singing "leave Bobby alone" and that he has earned his own exit time line. He is very selfish by staying on as a figure head and disrupting the program. I support the BLACKOUT this weekend against Ga Tech, where the students will wear black to voice their displeasure with BB.

Tim Tebow is quite a young man and a football player. As much as I enjoy the way he plays and competes, even I am tired of the overload of hype surrounding "will he play or not". Florida is better than LSU with our without TT. John Brantley is a better passer than Tebow, and the Gator's passing game has been less than stellar so far. Now nobody runs for short yardage like Tebow, but with more speed in the backfield than the Olympic 4 X 100 relay team, UF is better served by handing the ball off, instead of the QB keeping it. Florida may in fact play better against LSU if Tim is held out. Florida 41 LSU 16.

Alabama @ Ole Miss is one that we have been waiting for since the summer. Ole Miss has not played very well, compared to the hype, and lost @ South Carolina. Alabama looks like they may be the most complete team in the country. So, the experts say rout by the Tide, but I expect Ole Miss to really give them a battle.

Auburn @ Arkansas should be a good shootout. Hard to say if War Beagles luck holds out. Georgia @ Tennessee should also be entertaining and I'm ready to pile on the Vols, just to poke Kiffin.

Ohio State will get the best of Wisconsin.

I'm afraid that Georgia Tech will run all over the Noles.

The battle for Winnersville is tomorrow night, as Valdosta and Lowndes do the cross town battle dance.

The UFL starts this weekend...yawn.

Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment