Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Down, set ....hut...hut...hut


So one of my loyal reader (out of 2) asked what I thought about Coach Urban Meyer coming down on Brandon Spikes for his eye gouging incident. Meyer suspended Spikes for the first half of the game against Vanderbilt on Saturday night. Well, it is pretty weak. It seems to me that Urban could have suspended him for the entire game and not jeopardized the Gators against the lowly "Dores". A harsher penalty would have made sense, to help appease the backlash from all across the country, AND send a message that Florida can win without dirty play. Oh well.

Mickey Andrews announced his retirement, effective at the end of the season. He has been one of the best defensive coaches of all time, and it is truly as shame that his last season will have featured one of his worst defenses...

Pa in law Frank and I are actually watching the UFL game between Las Vegas and New York at the moment. While I am not the founder of MENSA, I do have a master's degree in business, but for the life of me cannot understand the "model" that this league is trying to pull off. Somebody is pouring good money into a short lived effort (IMO).

My old high school team is mediocre at best this season, and this week they get to play the #1 4A team in Florida, the Niceville Eagles. Probably will not be pretty after the first quarter. We sure had some memorable games against the "Fishheads" back in the day...

If all goes well, I think I take in the Deland vs DB Mainland game Friday night, as the matchup determines the district championship. While I was away last week, Apopka lost a football game. Olympia beat the Blue Darters behind their pro style passing attack. If Olympia holds on to win that district, it will result in Apopka having to play #1 (6A) Dr Phillips in the 1st round of the playoffs...

Life is good, even if football season is going by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment